Tuesday, July 21, 2015

SOP @ Paradigm Mall.

In celebration of my mom's birthday recently, decided to bring her to SOP (short form for Same Old Place) at Paradigm Mall since we hardly dine in at restaurants that serve German food. Also, with a bar and a restaurant concept, thought it'd be pretty decent for a celebratory event. On top of this, there was a pretty good deal from Groupon too!

Lucky us because we didn't have to make any reservations 3 days before we went there, in fact, only did it one day before.

At the price of RM 188, the platter for 6 included 9 items and mind you, this is non-halal yeah!
6-piece meatball worth RM 25.90. This was quite delicious served with some pasta sauce alike.

Mashed potato and Sauerkraut worth RM 8 each. Expected better Saurkraut as this was quite a let down to me. Mashed potato was alright.

Honey BBQ Pork Ribs and Wiener Schnitzel worth RM 38.90 each. Both were quite dry and the Pork Ribs wasn't marinated with the sauce prior to cooking it, hence, the flavour wasn't there. Felt like it's just dipping the pork ribs into the sauce separately instead.

This plate consists of Crispy Pork Knuckle worth RM 67.90, 6 pieces of Neurenberger sausages worth RM 45, Jeager Schnitzel worth RM 38.90 and streaky bacon worth RM 20. The sausages and bacon was alright but the Crispy Pork Knucke and Jeager Schnitzel was rather tasteless and a little too dry. 

The platter was pretty filling for seven but because my brother is quite a big-eater, he ended up ordering another burger for himself. -_-

We even ordered some drinks to complement the dinner as the Groupon deal does not come with any drinks. Tried one of their top German beers - Bitburger and it wasn't too bitter, so me likey! There was also an on-going Ladies Night promotion on that day with 70% off for German beers and it's still available now!

Due to the passing of my grandma last year, we are not allowed to have any major celebrations so yeap, no blowing candles or birthday cakes. However, SOP was very generous to provide a complimentary dessert for my mom and it's their Chocolate Lava Cake. I came to understand that their Guinness Chocolate Lava Cake is quite a favourite but I'm not sure if the one we had was with the alcohol as I couldn't taste any.
A family portrait of us with the complimentary dessert!

Attendees of the night! :) 

I personally liked the Chocolate Lava Cake a lot cause it wasn't too sweet and the portion is just about right, especially when you had a heavy meal before that. Also, it comes with two scoops of Vanilla ice-cream instead of one! :p

Overall, it was a simple celebration for my mom but I guess she loved it too. :p Last but not least, a portrait of me and her!
Mom, thanks so much for all your support so far and you know I love you, even though I suck at expressing it. Hope you stay young, healthy and happy always! <3

My verdict for this restaurant? It really didn't meet my expectations cause food was below average. However, no harm to be there for a drink or two since the price is pretty decent and the environment was quite comfy. If you'd like, you can also try their desserts, so here goes with the address:-

SOP @ Paradigm Mall - Opens from 12 pm to 10 pm daily.
Lot GB07, The Boulevard, Level G, Kelana Jaya. 
Tel: 011-2698 1585/ 03-7886 0080

4 comments: