Sunday, November 30, 2014

Dealing with Homo-sapiens.

Finally entering the last month of 2014 - which also marks my 10th month being in the working world. 

This may sound really random but I've to say this - it has been a real challenge, especially when it's not like you can tell someone to buzz off just because you don't like how everything's being done. It may not sound like how doctors save the lives of millions or police forces chasing after those who have committed crime. But yeah, my life is all about dealing with people.

Sounds easy because it doesn't involve as much technical skills as engineers? Oh no, it isn't at all! Every individual I've met carries themselves differently. Some are plainly nice; some are always with a hidden agenda; some wouldn't give two shits about what's going on until they get into trouble; some demand for more and the more you give, the more they think it's not enough.

My job requires me to be the middle person of both sides which requires me to liaise with people internally and externally (duh!). Every party has different expectations and I will need to manage them, to ensure all will be contented with the outcomes.

I really don't mind working my ass off since it's my passion but some just enjoys testing my patience. It would be fine if people are understanding enough to know that they are not the only one that you deal with, but some are just plain pushy. Thinking they own everything and wants more out of it yadah-yadah, which is really a selfish mindset. Well, I hope you get my point.

Then again, not sure if this is my destiny or a path that I've chosen from the start. In fact, no matter how much you dislike them, it's pretty impossible to walk away from them because it's part of the job scope. The only way for me to be able to deal with all these - it will take a lot of time, patience and a strong, logical personality to deny their ridiculous requests.

Enough with the rants now, I just hope I can remain my sanity till the end of it. After all, it's a new day all over again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment