Friday, July 17, 2015

After You Dessert Cafe @ Bangkok, Thailand.

This is a really backdated post - exactly a month ago from today and oh.. how I wish I'm back there now! 

Just a brief intro, After You is a dessert cafe in Bangkok which obviously serves desserts. :p They actually have a variety to choose from ranging from toasts to cakes and shaved ice desserts too.

Because cafe hopping kinda like a thing in Malaysia, we decided to hop into one of Bangkok's recommended cafes too. So hipster I know HAHA! Nah.. it's really because we wanted to eat instead of being hipster. :p

Okay but seriously, I was a little afraid that this might disappoint me but oh well, why not? Since visiting malls have already bored me to almost death. Though the cafe that we went to in Central World was pretty filled with people, we managed to get a table for two within seconds. If we were any later than that, we probably might need to wait a little longer.

As After You practises self-service concept for the orders, you get to see what they have to offer at their counter.
The pastry area.

The counter where you order and pay before the food is served to your table.

On the left of the photo, its a drink station where they serve you with apple-flavoured tea and you can refill anytime! I think this is really generous cause if it's in Malaysia, all you get to refill for free in most of the cafes is really just water. Still, not complaining! :p

Because it was only the first day and we have to kinda save our tummy space for other food, we ordered one dessert and a drink. While waiting for the orders to be served, we helped ourselves with the tea.
Of diners, honey, apple-flavoured tea and my boyfriend. 
Of course, a shot of ourselves. :p 

My drink was served quite quickly and may I present to you...
Royal Thai Milk Tea's cup...
with Royal Thai Milk Tea (85 Baht) inside. :p

The cup wasn't fully filled and I felt a little cheated... until I took the first sip. 

It was so heavenly good that I think I may have heard some Thai bells ringing inside my head *dafuqsorryIdontknowhowThaibellssoundlike*. The drink is nothing like our usual teh ais here because I can literally taste the fragrance of the tea besides the milk and because I love tea, I couldn't say no to this drink because it was just pure AWESOME *in a high pitch voice*!

So, with such a good drink, I was already a little more confident with what they have to offer. Waited for about 10 minutes or so and our dessert appeared right before our eyes.
The Baby Shibuya Honey Toast (155 Baht).

Yes, it's named as such because it's a smaller version of their usual Shibuya Honey Toast. As you can see from the photo, it's a mini toast drizzled with honey and served with two scoops of ice cream and whipped cream.

To start with, I'm never a fan of whipped cream but when I tasted the one at After You, it was really nice and soft with strong vanilla taste. Not sure if it's homemade by themselves but yea, it's really different from the usual ones we have here that tastes like nothing but sugar.

Moving on to the toast itself, it was crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, which was really aromatic with butter and the natural sweetness from the honey. Best of all, each piece of the toast (including the center piece) maintains the same taste so it's really sinfully delicious with every bite you take.

With the warmth from the toast, it was just perfect to pair it with the original flavoured ice-cream that came along with the dessert!

The portion was quite decent for two but if I were to go back next time, I will definitely go for the large one instead because the mini one was too good and it wasn't enough for us! Besides, the price was reasonable for such great quality of food as the bill came up to only 240 Baht for both of us!

Besides the one in Central World, they have ten other outlets around including:-

  • Siam Paragon
  • Silom Complex
  • Siam Square One
  • La Villa Aree
  • Thonglor 13
  • Crystal Park
  • Central Ladprao
  • Int Intersect Rama 3
  • The Mall Bngkapi 
  • Crystal Rachapruek 

If you wish to find out more about their menu, you can always visit their official website.

Separately, if any of you have a great place to recommend whether it's in KL or PJ area that serves the same quality of food that is on par with After You, please let me know cause I've been craving for their toast since! *drools*

No comments:

Post a Comment