Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Miru Dessert Cafe @ Damansara Utama, Selangor

Okay, I know it's been a while since I've gone missing from here but heh.. I was taking a good break after two awesome yet hectic months with travelling and events! 

I would have gone on a longer hiatus but because tonight is so awesome, I feel that I should put it down here and share it with you guys! 

Not sure if you remembered reading my post on what I think about After You Dessert Cafe @ Bangkok, but if you haven't, go have a read! Or even better, give their Shibuya Honey Toast a try please! 

Anyway, that's not my point. Point is, ever since the one I had in Bangkok, I was curious if Malaysia had any good ones. My first Shibuya Honey Toast in Malaysia was from dal.komm Coffee Malaysia in Damansara Utama and it was a freaking disappointment because it tasted nothing like the one I had. In fact, their toast was... barely a toast. After that experience, I figured that KL/ PJ will not have any toasts that taste as good as the one in Bangkok.. 

...Until Miru Dessert Cafe came along.

In fact, I didn't really know about this place though I've passed by it once and it didn't occur to me to find out more about this awesome cafe. Wasn't until I saw my friend's post on the toast and stalked more Instagram photos of this place. It gave a sense of familiarity, as if it's a cafe by After You. :o 

Decided to go there tonight with the boyfriend to give it a try. :D The cafe is located right opposite of Texas Chicken in Damansara Utama, Took us long enough to find a parking spot though as it is usually pretty challenging to get a good parking there.

Finally found a spot after 3 rounds and headed in to the place. Didn't take any photo of the exterior because I was pretty eager to try their toast. Heh. Once you're seated, the menu will be brought to your table but you will need to order at the counter.
This is a menu of their toast. You can even customise your own toast here.

These are the beverages that they have.

They also serve macarons that look really mini-sized to me but I didn't try because I'm supposedly on a serious diet now dammit. While waiting for the boyfriend to place our order...
                                  
The layout of the cafe. The usual minimalist interior where you see in most of the cafes these days but the lights are brighter here. 
Eagerly waiting for our Honey Shibuya Toast that costs RM 16 (without GST and service charge yo!).

Waited for about 10-15 minutes and ta-dahhhh.
The toast is served to us! 
A closer shot of the Honey Shibuya Toast hehehehe. 

As you can see from the photos, it's pretty huge in its size with two scoops of vanilla ice-cream and whipped cream, sprinkled with icing sugar. You can add the honey yourself as it's already on the table. 
                                          
(left) Two cups of tea that tasted a little like honey pandan tea (not sure if we're right) and the honey that is readily available on the left.

Took the first bite and HOMAIGAWD I think I had foodgasm man. The toast was so freaking awesome because it reminds me of the one I had in Bangkok. Of course, there is a slight difference in its taste in terms of its aroma and the butter that was used, but I would say it's 80-85% similar to After You's. So yes, it's still pretty delicious!

Also had a really brief chat with one of the partners of this cafe, Ronny (hope I got his name spelt correctly!), who is quite a friendly guy, and true enough, the inspiration was from After You!

If compared to the one in Bangkok, this is relatively more value for money, especially for a toast this big and well, you don't have to fly there just for an awesome toast anymore! Now, excuse me while I dream about the toast again. :p

Also, if you wish to find out more about the cafe, feel free to visit their official website or their Facebook Page.

Miru Dessert Cafe (Opposite of Texas Chicken)
62, Jalan SS21/58, Damansara Utama, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Opening hours: 12pm - 11pm (Sun-Thurs) | 12 pm - 12 am (Fri-Sat) | Close on Tuesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment