Sunday, April 3, 2016

Honour and Honesty.

Life's been a little busy lately and after some shit that hit on me, finally had time to sit down and express what I feel for the past few weeks.

Two words that start with the letter 'H'.
honour.

In the past, I've gone through times when someone told me something that seemed almost believable, you choose to believe him/her, and then BAM!

Broken promises. Empty words echoing at the back of your mind. You then become conscious about everything related to this person until you get sick of it and wave goodbye for good.

Experiences turned into the reasons to why I'm always bothered when people don't honour their words. Doesn't matter who, when or what, as long as one doesn't honour his/her words repetitively, I find it hard to move on in life with him or her because trust becomes an issue. So yeah, the past shaped me well and I try to honour what I say all the time.

Unfortunately, not everyone sees this as important because some can only imagine that the world revolves around them and nobody else matters. They see others' efforts as a stepping stone to achieve what they want. People just don't matter to them and they become so unappreciative that makes you want to smack some sense into their brains.

These are the people who have lost their integrity, and to a certain extent, their humanity. Beware though. Your success won't last because there are consequences to this. Karma will come.

honesty. 

You put up a good show, you get people to be part of the show which seemed all fair and square. When it's coming to an end, this isn't the real case.

It's only butterflies and rainbows on the outside. Deep inside, you're dark and selfish. You let people down. You let others believe in you until everything is a fucking lie.

So, it boils down to the question of how do you expect people to believe in you? To trust what your words this whole time? When trust is broken, you lose respect. You lose those who wanted to be a part of you. You use their faith in you to get the good out of it. Careful, this will crumble soon.

***

For the past few weeks, there were scenarios like these that it seemed like they are on repeat. Different people, similar scenarios. They manipulate your goodwill to achieve their goals and when they're done with you, they just turn their backs away. They make you believe that it will happen, but what you didn't know was that decision has been made long before.

Unfortunately, my hands are tied. I can do nothing but to rant here. Secretly wishing that karma hits them, and it hits them hard.

There are only things to learn out of this:
  • Take cautious steps before it hits. 
  • Get proof points. 
  • Compile whatever you can to make sure your ass is covered. 
  • Be smart about life.
So, for those who made my life difficult these few weeks, fuck thank you. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to grow a little faster. Thank you for letting me down just so I bounce back to reality quicker than you think I can ever be.

Again, 
photo courtesy of Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment